Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Windows to people's lives..

When I was little, and sitting in my grandfather's car at night, I used to look at all the appartment blocks and all the lit up windows, seeing people moving around behind them, living their lives and I wondered about how different their lives were.. I always got a funny feeling that is difficult to describe.

I get that same feeling when I browse through all these blogs of people with similar interests and similar tastes and I wonder whether or not we are unique.. I am not so sure... you get glimpses of these peoples lives and their view on the world. Of course, they only show what they want you to see but that, like net curtains behind a window, only partly covers what goes on and what people are about... Emotion. Universal it is.. (without wanting to sounding too much like Yoda) and what binds us all (without wanting to sounding too much like Galadriel) .


I have read about..

- Horror over all the loss of young and innocent lives in Beslan.
- Grief for all the people who are starving in Sudan but are now no longer in the news because of the massacre at Beslan.

I see people write about it in their blogs and of course they stand still and think about it but they go on with their lives and that is the way it should be. There is only so much viewing of those raw emotions and pain that you can bear... We are just not able to take it in and it makes us feel powerless, useless and guilty. We draw the drapes... We block it out.

But for the grace of god, eh?




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Profound

Joann said...

Those on the left will draw the drapes; some even hide under the bed. We on the right will open them wide and fight for freedom,for all. VOTE BUSH.

Jules said...

Well good for you. Unfortunately you missed the point. This post is about raw emotion and pain and that it is difficult to watch. Please spout your politics somewhere else. It is very rude to do that.. but so typically american. Sticking your nose where it isn't wanted. And before you go ranting and raving. I am american as well.