Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Mojo

A friend and colleague asked me this.. Who, besides Austin Powers, has Mojo? An intriguing question...

I have to say that very few people have mojo and most that have have it, in my view, sing.

First of all let's define my understanding of Mojo. I think Mojo is sex appeal. Natural and unforced. It certainly has nothing to do with liking their music and it doesn't have to mean that they are good looking.

So here is my list:

1. Marvin Gaye. (Marvin has mojo because of his musical talent. "let's get it on" is the best "let's get it on" track..ever.)
2. Elvis (Elvis had it in his younger years and even a little when he was fat. I never liked his music but I cannot deny the appeal).
4. Prince (he is the only man that can wear make-up, lace, bouffon hair and high heels and not look like a total drag queen. He was very sexy, I thought, during his "Purple" period).
5. James Dean. (He was talented, a bad-boy and good looking..)

People who think they have it but really don't

1. Robbie Williams
2. Any boyband member (see above)
3. Usher
4. P Diddy



Try it. It is not as easy as it looks.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Juliet,
Actually this comment of mine belongs more to the previous post, but I too hate been invisible...

I see you are bi-lingual.
I have a "job" suggestion. It is described here among the posts here:
http://timeintelaviv.blogspot.com/teamforum

Thanks for your enjoyable blog. I loke both the attitude and the content,

with warm regards from Israel,
Corinna

Unknown said...

Hi Juliet,
If you stay with us you'll pick some Hebrew, along with a lenghtening list of additional languages.

I understood you're bi-lingual. The idea is to translate from the English into Dutch. If OK then I'll send you an invitation to join as a team member the Dutch blog and will suggest from time to time some posts worthy of your translation. Later on I'll send you an invitation to the Forum, etc.

Have you read my posts on the nononpseudonovel?
So many thanks,