Monday, October 04, 2004

Don't let the mountain set new frontiers.

I love singing. I think I possess a fine singing voice that is perfectly suited for private singing in the bathroom and when alone (although I would love to be discovered. Seriously!). I have played the game Sing Star to a very high level and I am in actual fact a successful chart-topping superstar in the Sing Star universe.

Anyway, although I may be a fine singer.. I am absolutely crap at remembering lyrics. I never listen to the lyrics anyway and they are often misheard when I do. This seems to hold me back from attaining fame and fortune

Prime examples:

That christmas song by The Darkness..

There is a line that goes "Don’t let the bells end". I have made this, by some weird shortcut in my brain, into "Don’t let the mountain". It did not register at any point that this was an unlikely part of the song. Only when my daughter pointed it out did I see my stupidity. When I am not paying attention I still sing it, though..

While we are on a christmas theme

George Michael’s Last Christmas: There is a line "To save me from tears". This in Juliet’s universe is "to set new frontiers." You see a pattern emerging? Mountains? Frontiers? Christmas?

I must be the love child of Calamity Jane and Father Christmas. That or a more likely explanation: I am slightly lyrically challenged and I have an intense desire to be the love child of Calamity Jane and Father Christmas.

Either way. Not good for my musical career.

No comments: